Supporting them, supporting you.
There are a lot of people out there doing wonderful things, but sometimes they need a hand, too. That’s where we step in. The Caroline Rose Charity Inc. provides support to charities working to better the planet for all populations – from people to pandas, and everything in between.
Championing causes central to the health and wellbeing of both people and the planet, we provide a wide range of short-term supportive services including strategy, business and marketing, along with grants and mentorship to allow charities to grow and deliver the best possible help to those who need it the most.
Incubator funds are provided to partner charities to support their works within niche and necessary fields
Strategic planning, marketing and business services are offered to charities at a discounted rate to help them work towards a self-sustaining business model
Our focus is on people and places.
With four key pillars at the heart of our offerings, we hand-pick our partner charities to ensure that our core values are met.
Basic Human Rights
Centered around access to services, supplies and safety as internationally identified through the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, we work with charities that bring dignity to the lives of individuals and communities.
In order for generations to move forward and improve their lives, education is essential. Working with charities who help facilitate access to schools, study supplies and support, and provide a safe living space is how we help contribute to this.
Without access to healthcare, basic illnesses can be life threatening. By ensuring the availability of clean water and fresh food and increasing education around healthy practices, our partner charities help to improve the health and wellbeing of those who need it most.
Environment + Ecosystems
We all know the Sumatran Tiger is critically endangered, but it’s the loss of habitat that has led to its drastic population decline. Charities who are working towards re-forestation of the land, re-oxygenation of the ocean and re-cycling of man-made materials for new and sustainable purposes are key to this, and we are proud to partner with them to support the health (and heart) of the earth.
65% of Australian charities are considered small.
Only 4% of all donations go to small charities.
Donations make up 38% of small charities’ revenue.
Caroline Rose Charity Inc. supports charities to allow them to get on with their business
The Caroline Rose Charity follows a step-by-step process to select charities that align with our mission and values while maximizing the impact of our support. Here’s an overview of our criteria:
1. Registration with ACNC: We begin by considering charities that are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). This registration demonstrates their commitment to transparency and accountability.
2. Size Classification: We prioritise charities classified as “small” by the ACNC, recognising the potential for our resources to have a significant impact on their operations and projects.
3. Alignment with Our Mission: Our next step involves evaluating whether the charity’s mission aligns with our core goals, which encompass Basic Human Rights, Education, Health, and Environmental Conservation. Charities that closely align with these areas are given preference.
4. Local Focus: We emphasise supporting local charities around the Sydney area to strengthen the communities closest to us, as we believe in the power of local initiatives.
5. Multiplier Effect: We assess whether our funding or in-kind support can create a multiplier effect, generating broader benefits and reaching a larger number of individuals or projects.
6. Partnership Compatibility: To ensure a seamless collaboration, we examine whether the services required by the charity align with the capabilities and availability of our trusted partners.
By following these steps, we meticulously select charities that not only meet our general criteria but also have the potential to make a profound and lasting impact in their respective fields, in line with our mission to improve the well-being of communities and the environment.
Business Support Services
We provide specific business support services at a discounted rate to help charities expand their reach and offerings, including:
- Business Strategy and Advisory
- Secretariat Services
- Project Planning
- Business Plans
- Grant Writing & Submissions
- Branding and Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Event and Project Management
- Business Strategy and Advisory
We provide regular small grants to charities, chosen by asking where we can be of the most benefit. To do this, we ensure:
- A Helping Hand
The funds provided will help the charity improve their services, offerings or business practices.
- Circular Investment
A return on our investment, so we can continue to provide support to a range of charities for years to come.
- Gains and Growth
The donation serves as a seed for future growth – whether that be in terms services offered, areas impacted or funds available.
The charity is financially self-sustaining moving forward.
- A Helping Hand
Our goal is to make Australian charities the most efficient and effective that they can be. In order to do this, we rely on business and the community to support us in supporting them, and we would love your help – whether that’s hosting a charity event, providing in-kind support by offering up your own expertise, or donating funds to help us help others.